So the weekend has come and gone and I find myself counting down to Friday only to realize it’s not even halfway through Monday. Over the weekend I ate too much, drank too much, and of course slept too little BUT it was in the name of good friends and good times. 🙂 I made it to the gym both Saturday and Sunday and my guilt level is a little lower because of it. Living in Seattle you gotta take the sunny days and run with em…literally and figuratively. I must say that when I’m feeling less than motivated to get in a lift session Muscle Pharm Assualt helps tremendously without the jitters that some preworkouts cause. I’ve been feeling very rutty and complacent and frustrated and tired with life lately so much so that I’ve just wanted to run to my parent’s house and hide in my room that hasn’t changed since I graduated from HS over a decade ago. Sometimes being a grown up and having to do grown up things sucks and it’s overwhelming and you just need a break – 40 days til CABO and breeeeeathe.
IT’S OK TO GET OVERWHELMED BUT YOU MUST GET OVER IT.
The B I’m referring to is no one other than myself. If you don’t know what I’m talking about it’s a line from a song you can listen to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhMnLamHctA [EXPLICIT CONTENT]. I’ve been exhausted and need to listen to this song and tell myself to shut up and keep my fitness vibe up. I did exactly that yesterday courtesy of MIO Energy. My Crack. My addition. The cardio boost love of my life. I took on the
highway to hell stairway to heaven across the lake from my house yesterday afternoon and took the stadium challenge that I posted about a lil bit ago. My only mistake was realizing I still had to run another mile and a half plus back home after that. Seeing as the sun was shining and I was already out I used the opportunity to do some speed intervals on the way home and I was spent. Good day out in the sun getting some color and burning some fat. It’s really hard for me to stay motivated and focused especially when I’m tired and this week has just been exhausting. I decided to put together a list of things I do when I need help to stay motivated.
STAYING MOTIVATED IN A TIRED WORLD
- Caffeinate: After a long day a quick shot of Mio helps me to get up and get moving before my brain tells me it’s okay to lay down because my body knows it’s not.
- Sun Worship: A month into winter/fall we alllllll get a case of the humdrums and there’s no excuse to stay inside when we just spend months cooped up inside.
- MU-ZAC: Nothing gets me more pumped than a good song to start off a workout/run. Make a new playlist and you’ll feel like you’re getting a fresh perspective on an old routine. Top of the list right now is Fallout Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
- Find a friend: I’m lucky enough that my better half enjoys hitting the gym as much as I do and 99% of the time if one of us doesn’t want to go work out the other will make it happen. 1% of the time beer and couch win. 🙂
- Goals: We all have our own reasons to work out and keeping your goals fresh in your head will keep you accountable. Put a sticky note on your desk, a pop up reminder on your calendar, a picture on your phone…anything to keep your goals visible.
LACKADAISICAL TRAINING LEADS TO LACKARESULTS.
The sun has risen over the Seattle skyline and that means everyone is migrating to the water and mountains except for this girl. I took it upon myself…on the hottest day of the year thus far…to hit up I Love Hot Yoga in Greenlake for a little power vinyasa. I don’t think I have recovered. Dead. Tired. Exhausted. But I’m glad I did it. Streams of sweat and feeling like passing out was well worth being able to master my first wheel…a small feat for some but a big accomplishment for my sticky unbendy muscles. I am patting myself on the back for this as I type. But anywho I woke up with this nasty groggy feeling and I am quite aware that I did not rehydrate properly after that sweat sesh. So friends, now that the sun is out and the heat is rising so must our water intake. Passing out mid activity won’t do your body any good so remember to drink drink drink! NO – I am not encouraging binge drinking – if you are going to drink espesh out in the sun make sure you drink a glass of water for every alcoholic beverage you consume…less of a hanger and you won’t make a fool of yourself. ::I’m getting wise in my old age ;)::
My Progress going into Week 2:
GET OUT GO OUT HAVE FUN LOSE SOME!